Invisalign is a technology developed by Align. These “braces” consist of a series of clear plastic trays, or aligners, that are specifically designed and fabricated for you. These aligners are clear and removable and adjust your teeth on a stage-by-stage basis, about two weeks per aligner.
Invisalign has many benefits, the greatest being that they are nearly invisible. They are also removable so you can brush, floss, and eat as usual.
The process begins with a consultation with your dentist. He will evaluate your particular situation to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign. This treatment is not appropriate for children, but many teens and adults with less severe orthodontic needs can take advantage of this fabulous new technology.
Benefits of Invisalign
- It’s customized for your mouth.
- It’s removable.
- It’s comfortable.
- It’s clear and “nearly” invisible.
- It allows you to brush and floss normally.
- No metal brackets or wires.
After an examination, the dentist will discuss your different orthodontic options for achieving your desired aesthetic results. If you are a candidate for Invisalign, and it is the best option for you, your dentist will create a detailed treatment plan and prescribe a treatment length. Oftentimes you can achieve your desired results in less than a year.
Your initial tray will then be fashioned from an impression of your teeth. You should wear the tray as often as possible to shorten the length of time to your desired outcome. Your dentist will monitor progress and prescribe tray changes during short check-up appointments.
We are pleased to offer this innovative technology to provide you with a bright, inviting smile.
For more information please visit the Invisalign website at Invisalign.com.
What kind of bite problems can Invisalign® correct?
Invisalign® corrects malocclusions and bite problems just like traditional braces do but with Invisalign, you won’t get those unsightly and sometimes uncomfortable metal in your mouth. With Invisalign you’ll get clear aligners that will straighten your teeth and remove whenever you want.
Here are just some orthodontic problems that Invisalign can correct:
- Overcrowding – When there is very little space for teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the risk of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth – A common dental issue that happens when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth, which can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite – Happens when the upper teeth project or covers the lower teeth, which results in jaw pain and possible TMJ.
- Underbite – Opposite of the overbite wherein the lower teeth project or covers the upper teeth, which also results in jaw pain and possible TMJ.
If you’re interested in getting Invisalign®, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly team.